Case for Success
Morale Soars as Team Members Embrace Cause and Culture
Grimaldi's Pizzeria brings fun incentives and positivity to the promotion with "Dress Crazy Orange Day" – the color of No Kid Hungry. All staff members dressed "crazy" in orange, and stores that showed the most creativity had a chance to win prizes.
47 participating restaurants
- Engage staff in an important cause that is personal to many of them.
- Drive Q4 2016 sales through bounce back coupons.
- Guests who donated $5 to No Kid Hungry received a $5 bounce back coupon for a future visit.
- The initiative was promoted via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, including a “takeover” where Grimaldi’s turned their logo orange and used a No Kid Hungry cover photo.
- On September 15, employees celebrated “Dress Crazy Orange Day,” and prizes were awarded for Best Dressed Team, Best Crazy Orange Day Solo and Best Dressed Couple.
- Grimaldi’s raised $235,000 in their 47 restaurant locations, making them the #1 full-service restaurant to raise the most money per location for Dine for No Kid Hungry.
- Closing out the promotion strong, Grimaldi’s received a total of $19,000 in donations on the last day of the promotion.
- Over 532,000 views in Arizona market alone via TV, radio and local press.